Thursday, October 7, 2010

Goals

Another year of haphazard racing and training. Right now I have the time (single), motivation and experience to put something together for next year.

Goals:

1) General fitness. I like almost all Colorado sports (running, biking, climbing, hiking, snowboarding, etc) and a bunch of others (surfing, swimming), so the primary goal is fitness to be able to do all of these. Being able to include weight training, yoga and climbing into my training is important to me.

2) Endurance. Most of the "A" events will be 4 hour up to 10-12, but maybe even a 24 hour race. Getting some base miles in over the winter is critical as well as getting used to some longer days on the bike.

3) Motivation. To make this work, it has to be fun. I want to be able to incorporate trail running, mountain biking, TTH rides, morning runs with the dog and maybe Master's Swim into the workouts.

4) Skills. For mountain bike racing and swimming - technique seems to be holding me back more than fitness. I need to schedule time work on these a bit.

No comments: