Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Triathlon training - take two!

Ummm, last year turned out ok. No major crashes and I didn't drown (or maybe I did and haven't realized it yet). My training took a bit of a nose dive after the half ironman I did. After swimming sidestroke for a mile and running out of water on the bike - I fell apart... I still finished the stupid thing, but I was thinking of putting everything on eBay the next day.

Then Chris and Liz came out for a little pre-Ironman training and a little beer drinking before shutting it down for the lead up to Kona. They taught me about salt tabs (wow - how did I survive without these) and leading with your armpit when you swim - or at least, that's how it makes sense to me. Swimming is one of those zen things. Kinda like breathing through your eyeball - I don't understand that either...

Since it's December and I don't have anything planned until June, I can take it easy, work on my swim stroke and build my knees up before putting on heavier miles. New road bike and some shiny new motivation for this year!

No comments: