Tuesday, February 26, 2008

this week

This is maybe my 3rd first week of training? Too many life things going on and having trouble really getting started.

Saturday swam 1100 meters total. Not at one time, in 25, 50 and 75 meter chunks. Hopefully I'll be able to swim 5x400m before the next half-ironman.

Sunday rode for three hours. Pretty slow, hung out with the second group and would slowly chase down any people that rode off the front of the group. I actually got too hot at the end of the ride and coasted in...

Monday swam 750m. Was still feeling it from Saturday. Combination of kicking, pulling and swimming. Just trying to get my endurance up...

Tuesday it snowed a little bit and unmotivated to throw the bike in the back of the truck. So I putzed around and finally decided to go to a spin class after work. Always go too hard in a spin class... I don't really know why, maybe it's the music or just wanting to get done, but halfway through the class I suddenly realized I was breathing so hard I was getting a little dizzy. Easy, easy!

Swim and run Wednesday, Friday. Bike Thursday and Saturday...

No comments: